Congress to take out `Kalash Yatra` in Chhattisgar
Less than a fortnight after the deadly Naxal attack in Bastar, main opposition Congress is gearing up to embark on a `Kalash Yatra` as a mark of respect to the martyrdom of its senior leaders.
Raipur: Less than a fortnight after the deadly Naxal attack in Bastar, main opposition Congress is gearing up to embark on a `Kalash Yatra` as a mark of respect to the martyrdom of its senior leaders.
The yatra, which is likely to start next month, will travel through all the 90 Assembly constituencies of the poll-bound state.
"We have decided to take out a `Kalash Yatra` to commemorate the martyrdom of slain Congress leaders. It is likely to start from the first or last week of July," Union Minister and acting president of Chhattisgarh Congress, Charan Das Mahant told reporters here.
He also said the fresh schedule of the Parivartan Yatra has not been decided yet and it will be confirmed after discussion with district presidents of the party.
Kalash Yatra would be taken out from the native places of four slain Congress leaders - Nand Kumar Patel, Vidya Charan Shukla, Mahendra Karma and Uday Mudliyar, he said.
"The sacrifices of Congress leaders in the Bastar attack would not go in vain and we will carry forward the work started them," Mahant stressed.
He told reporters that tributes would be paid to the slain Congress leaders on June 25 at Jagdalpur, the district headquarter of Bastar, when senior party leaders from New Delhi would be present.