Constable injured in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A constable was injured in a Naxalite attack at a police station during the wee hours in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
“Constable Dharmendra Kunjam was injured when Naxalites attacked Darbha police station located around 40 kms away from Jagdalpur district headquarters," Superintendent of Police BN Meena told a news agency.
When the police jawans opened retaliatory firing, the Naxalites fled the spot after firing few rounds at the station, he added.
The injured jawan was admitted to the Jagdalpur hospital and later air lifted to Raipur for further treatment, he said.
Police suspect that the small action group (SAG) could be behind the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack