Constable injured in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A constable was injured in a Naxalite attack at a police station during the wee hours in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
“Constable Dharmendra Kunjam was injured when Naxalites attacked Darbha police station located around 40 kms away from Jagdalpur district headquarters," Superintendent of Police BN Meena told a news agency.
When the police jawans opened retaliatory firing, the Naxalites fled the spot after firing few rounds at the station, he added.
The injured jawan was admitted to the Jagdalpur hospital and later air lifted to Raipur for further treatment, he said.
Police suspect that the small action group (SAG) could be behind the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise