Constable injured in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A constable was injured in a Naxalite attack at a police station during the wee hours in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
“Constable Dharmendra Kunjam was injured when Naxalites attacked Darbha police station located around 40 kms away from Jagdalpur district headquarters," Superintendent of Police BN Meena told a news agency.
When the police jawans opened retaliatory firing, the Naxalites fled the spot after firing few rounds at the station, he added.
The injured jawan was admitted to the Jagdalpur hospital and later air lifted to Raipur for further treatment, he said.
Police suspect that the small action group (SAG) could be behind the attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory