Constable injured in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A constable was injured in a Naxalite attack at a police station during the wee hours in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
“Constable Dharmendra Kunjam was injured when Naxalites attacked Darbha police station located around 40 kms away from Jagdalpur district headquarters," Superintendent of Police BN Meena told a news agency.
When the police jawans opened retaliatory firing, the Naxalites fled the spot after firing few rounds at the station, he added.
The injured jawan was admitted to the Jagdalpur hospital and later air lifted to Raipur for further treatment, he said.
Police suspect that the small action group (SAG) could be behind the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi