Constable injured in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A constable was injured in a Naxalite attack at a police station during the wee hours in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
“Constable Dharmendra Kunjam was injured when Naxalites attacked Darbha police station located around 40 kms away from Jagdalpur district headquarters," Superintendent of Police BN Meena told a news agency.
When the police jawans opened retaliatory firing, the Naxalites fled the spot after firing few rounds at the station, he added.
The injured jawan was admitted to the Jagdalpur hospital and later air lifted to Raipur for further treatment, he said.
Police suspect that the small action group (SAG) could be behind the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best