Cop`s father axed to death by Naxals in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A group of Naxals allegedly axed to death father of an assistant constable in Sukma district early on Monday, police said.
Naxals hacked to death Swayam Inka (50) father of Assistant Constable Swayam Naraiyya (20). The incident took place under the Errabor police station limits, Sukma district SP Abhishek Shandiyla told Bhasha/PTI over phone.
Naraiyya and Inka were staying at a Salwa Judum relief camp. Today morning, when Inka stepped out for some farm-related work, the group of Naxals attacked him with axe, he said.
A note was recovered from the site, in which it was written that in 2006 Inka had allegedly committed atrocities against local tribals.
Victim`s body had been handed over to his family, police said adding that a manhunt has been launched.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video