Court dismisses plea to quash Raigarh mayor`s election
Raigarh: A local court has turned down a plea seeking to quash the 2009 election of Raigarh Municipal Corporation (RMC) Mayor Mahendra Chauhatha.
Raigarh District and Sessions Judge Anil Kumar Shukla yesterday rejected the petition filed by an independent candidate in the RMC election, Sevan Ram Chauhan, citing it as baseless and uncoordinated, public prosecutor Panchanan Gupta said.
On December 23, 2009, BJP candidate Chauhatha was elected Mayor of RMC.
In January 2010, Chauhan had filed a petition against Chauhatha, he said.
Chauhan in his petition alleged that Chauhatha had furnished wrong information regarding his caste and assets in his affidavit.
The petitioner had sought to scrap the election of RMC under relevant sections of Chhattisgarh Municipal Corporation Act 1956, Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'