CPI condemns Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh
New Delhi: CPI on Sunday condemned the killing of 27 people in a Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh, saying that violence and killings do not have a place in democracy.
"We firmly disapprove the violence and killings to gain political power in a democratic country," CPI National Secretary D Raja said.
Referring to the Salwa Judum movement, he said "Maoists must not resort to the politics of vendetta and revenge killings".
While offering condolences to the bereaved families, he also appealed to all sections of people to maintain peace.
Heavily-armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chattisgarh`s Bastar district yesterday, killing 27 people including senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma, and injuring 32 others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case