CPI condemns Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh
New Delhi: CPI on Sunday condemned the killing of 27 people in a Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh, saying that violence and killings do not have a place in democracy.
"We firmly disapprove the violence and killings to gain political power in a democratic country," CPI National Secretary D Raja said.
Referring to the Salwa Judum movement, he said "Maoists must not resort to the politics of vendetta and revenge killings".
While offering condolences to the bereaved families, he also appealed to all sections of people to maintain peace.
Heavily-armed Maoists ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chattisgarh`s Bastar district yesterday, killing 27 people including senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma, and injuring 32 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch