CPI(M) condemns killing of security personnel in Naxal attack
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Wednesday condemned the killing of 15 security personnel and a civilian in a Naxal ambush in Chhattisgarh, saying it highlighted the "inadequacies" of the security strategy.
"This brazen ambush in a region which has seen repeated Maoist attacks highlights the inadequacies of the security strategy meant to deal with the Maoist violence," the party Politburo said in a statement here.
It said it was imperative that the Centre and the state government "together work out an effective strategy to counter the Maoist armed groups."
Yesterday`s attack in Sukma district of Chattisgarh resulted in the killing of 11 paramilitary jawans, four policemen and a civilian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends