CPI(M) condemns killing of security personnel in Naxal attack
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Wednesday condemned the killing of 15 security personnel and a civilian in a Naxal ambush in Chhattisgarh, saying it highlighted the "inadequacies" of the security strategy.
"This brazen ambush in a region which has seen repeated Maoist attacks highlights the inadequacies of the security strategy meant to deal with the Maoist violence," the party Politburo said in a statement here.
It said it was imperative that the Centre and the state government "together work out an effective strategy to counter the Maoist armed groups."
Yesterday`s attack in Sukma district of Chattisgarh resulted in the killing of 11 paramilitary jawans, four policemen and a civilian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS