CPI(M) demands probe into killing of 19 in Ch`garh
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Monday demanded a judicial probe into the recent killing of 19 people, including two children, by CRPF and state police in Chhattisgarh alleging they were either axed to death or killed in "indiscriminate firing".
"The truth must be established about the Central and State Government`s claims of an encounter between armed Maoists and its forces", the party Politburo said, demanding a time-bound judicial inquiry into the incident in the dense jungles of Dantewada in Chhattisgarh on June 28-29 night.
"The terrible plight of villagers, mainly tribals, caught in the violence between the Maoists on the one hand and the state forces on the other has led to a wide questioning of the methods used by the forces in the name of fighting Maoists which ends up targeting the most exploited sections of our society", it said.
The CPI(M) also demanded immediate help and compensation to the families of those killed or injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO