CRPF jawan hurt as colleague opens fire
Raipur: A CRPF jawan was injured when a "drunk" constable of Chhattisgarh Police allegedly opened fire at a police station in Balrampur district, police said on Saturday.
"CRPF jawan Rajendra Rai attached with the 62nd battalion was hit by a bullet when Jagarnath Paikra, who was under the influence of alcohol, opened fire from his service rifle at Chando police station last night," Balrampur SP J S Meena said.
Paikra started firing without any provocation before being overpowered by other constables at the police station, and was placed under arrest, he said.
Rai is shifted to Raipur for treatment and his condition is stable, Meena added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi