CRPF jawan hurt as colleague opens fire
Raipur: A CRPF jawan was injured when a "drunk" constable of Chhattisgarh Police allegedly opened fire at a police station in Balrampur district, police said on Saturday.
"CRPF jawan Rajendra Rai attached with the 62nd battalion was hit by a bullet when Jagarnath Paikra, who was under the influence of alcohol, opened fire from his service rifle at Chando police station last night," Balrampur SP J S Meena said.
Paikra started firing without any provocation before being overpowered by other constables at the police station, and was placed under arrest, he said.
Rai is shifted to Raipur for treatment and his condition is stable, Meena added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan