CRPF jawan hurt as colleague opens fire
Raipur: A CRPF jawan was injured when a "drunk" constable of Chhattisgarh Police allegedly opened fire at a police station in Balrampur district, police said on Saturday.
"CRPF jawan Rajendra Rai attached with the 62nd battalion was hit by a bullet when Jagarnath Paikra, who was under the influence of alcohol, opened fire from his service rifle at Chando police station last night," Balrampur SP J S Meena said.
Paikra started firing without any provocation before being overpowered by other constables at the police station, and was placed under arrest, he said.
Rai is shifted to Raipur for treatment and his condition is stable, Meena added.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?