CRPF jawan shoots self dead with service rifle
Raipur: A CRPF jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service weapon at the staff quarter of paramilitary forces here Thursday.
"Constable AS Raidu of 65th battalion of Central Reserve Police Force shot himself with his service rifle at the staff quarter in Vidhayak Colony on the premises of CRPF mess in the wee hours today," Station House Officer, Telibandha Police Station, Vikas Thakur said.
After finishing his duty at the mess around 3 AM, he went to his room and was resting when few jawans heard a gunshot and rushed to his room only to find him lying in the pool of blood, he said.
Raidu was rushed to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead, the SHO said.
It was not immediately known why he took his own life, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands