CRPF officer killed in Naxal encounter in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A CRPF officer was on Saturday killed in an encounter with suspected Naxalites in Gariaband district of Chhattisgarh.
Assistant Commandant S K Das of the force was leading a squad of his men in the forests of Gariaband, 150kms from here, when the patrol encountered an armed Naxal squad at around 3 pm.
Das succumbed to bullet injuries which he had received in his abdomen and groin region, sources said.
He was leading a team of CRPF men belonging to the 211 battalion for a special anti-Naxal operation in the area.
The Naxals had carried out a deadly ambush in the Darbha valley area of Bastar in the state on May 25 killing 27 people including state PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel and another prominent party leader Mahendra Karma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui