CRPF officer killed in Naxal encounter in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A CRPF officer was on Saturday killed in an encounter with suspected Naxalites in Gariaband district of Chhattisgarh.
Assistant Commandant S K Das of the force was leading a squad of his men in the forests of Gariaband, 150kms from here, when the patrol encountered an armed Naxal squad at around 3 pm.
Das succumbed to bullet injuries which he had received in his abdomen and groin region, sources said.
He was leading a team of CRPF men belonging to the 211 battalion for a special anti-Naxal operation in the area.
The Naxals had carried out a deadly ambush in the Darbha valley area of Bastar in the state on May 25 killing 27 people including state PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel and another prominent party leader Mahendra Karma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Another blockbuster? Salman Khan's next with Kabir Khan based on human drama!
- Space shuttle launch: PM Modi hails ISRO scientists
- Ariana Grande trips at Billboard Music Awards red carpet
- Yuvraj Singh returns to Indian Premier League playoffs after seven long years
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation