CRPF trooper kills four colleagues in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A CRPF trooper shot dead four of his fellow troopers and injured another at a camp in Chhattisgarh`s Maoist-infested Dantewada district, police said Tuesday.
The incident occurred around 1 am at a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp in Aranpur village, around 60 km from Dantewada town and 440 km from Raipur.
The trooper, Deep Kumar Tiwari, was mentally disturbed for quite some time and he opened fire on five of his colleagues without any reason, district superintendent of police Narendra Khare told a news agency on the phone. Tiwari has been arrested, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH