CRPF trooper kills four colleagues in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A CRPF trooper shot dead four of his fellow troopers and injured another at a camp in Chhattisgarh`s Maoist-infested Dantewada district, police said Tuesday.
The incident occurred around 1 am at a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp in Aranpur village, around 60 km from Dantewada town and 440 km from Raipur.
The trooper, Deep Kumar Tiwari, was mentally disturbed for quite some time and he opened fire on five of his colleagues without any reason, district superintendent of police Narendra Khare told a news agency on the phone. Tiwari has been arrested, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'