CRPF trooper kills four colleagues in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A CRPF trooper shot dead four of his fellow troopers and injured another at a camp in Chhattisgarh`s Maoist-infested Dantewada district, police said Tuesday.
The incident occurred around 1 am at a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp in Aranpur village, around 60 km from Dantewada town and 440 km from Raipur.
The trooper, Deep Kumar Tiwari, was mentally disturbed for quite some time and he opened fire on five of his colleagues without any reason, district superintendent of police Narendra Khare told a news agency on the phone. Tiwari has been arrested, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees