CRPF trooper kills four colleagues in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A CRPF trooper shot dead four of his fellow troopers and injured another at a camp in Chhattisgarh`s Maoist-infested Dantewada district, police said Tuesday.
The incident occurred around 1 am at a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp in Aranpur village, around 60 km from Dantewada town and 440 km from Raipur.
The trooper, Deep Kumar Tiwari, was mentally disturbed for quite some time and he opened fire on five of his colleagues without any reason, district superintendent of police Narendra Khare told a news agency on the phone. Tiwari has been arrested, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday