Dantewada: Naxals destroy new police station
Raipur: Naxals destroyed a newly constructed
police station using explosives in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada
district, police said on Wednesday.
Following the incident which took place on Monday night,
the state government transferred Dantewada SP Ankit Garg and
posted him at police headquarters here, official sources said.
A group of 50 Maoists assembled at the police station
near Geedam area and asked the labourers present there to
leave. They blasted the building using huge amount of
explosives, police said, adding there were no reports of any
The police station, which was completely destroyed, was
recently constructed at a cost of Rs 30 lakh, but it didn`t
have adequate security, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’