Dantewada Police Superintendent, 15 others transferred
Raipur: Chhattishgarh government on Friday transferred the Dantewanda district Police Superintendent and 15 other officials in the wake of massacre of CRPF personnel by the Naxalites.
Acting on the recommendation from the Rammohan Committee formed after the killing of police personnel in Dantewada district, the BJP government transferred Police Superintendent Ambrish Mishra, 11 IPS officers and four state-level policemen, official sources said.
On April 6, Naxalites had killed 75 CRPF personnel and a police officer also succumbed in the massacre.
The Committee appointed by the Union Home ministry headed by Rammohan, former DGP of Border Security Force, had fixed the responsibility for the lapse on these police officials, officials said.
The state government was hesitating to take action against the police officials, but had to act at the instance of the Central Government, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16