Dantewada Police Superintendent, 15 others transferred
Raipur: Chhattishgarh government on Friday transferred the Dantewanda district Police Superintendent and 15 other officials in the wake of massacre of CRPF personnel by the Naxalites.
Acting on the recommendation from the Rammohan Committee formed after the killing of police personnel in Dantewada district, the BJP government transferred Police Superintendent Ambrish Mishra, 11 IPS officers and four state-level policemen, official sources said.
On April 6, Naxalites had killed 75 CRPF personnel and a police officer also succumbed in the massacre.
The Committee appointed by the Union Home ministry headed by Rammohan, former DGP of Border Security Force, had fixed the responsibility for the lapse on these police officials, officials said.
The state government was hesitating to take action against the police officials, but had to act at the instance of the Central Government, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest