DB Power gets `Maoist` letter threatening to blow up plant
Raigarh: DB Power plant owned by Dainik Bhaskar Group, in Chhattisgarh`s Janjgir Champa district has received a letter purportedly written by Maoists threatening to blow up the plant.
Written in red ink, the letter has asked the plant management to pay Rs 4 crore, besides warning them not to disclose it to the police or the media or else they would blow up the establishment, located in Dabra tehsil, around 45 km from Janjgir-Champa town.
However, police has presumed it to be the handiwork of some vested interests or miscreants who intend to take advantage of the Maoist insurgency.
"A case has been registered under Section 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code against unidentified miscreants for threatening to blow up DB Power plant based on a complaint by the plant`s HR Manager P K Mishra," Janjgir-Champa Superintendent of Police Sheikh Arif Hussain said today.
Prima facie, the letter does not appear to have been written by Maoists and it could be the work of some miscreants, the SP said, adding that further investigation is on.
He also assured that there was no need to panic as the police is playing its role to protect life and property. According to a source in DB Power, two unidentified men approached a plant watchman on Tuesday evening and fled after giving him the letter, following which the management contacted the police today.
While the letter is being examined for its authenticity, "precautionary measures" have been taken at the plant premises, the source said.
DB Power Ltd (DBPL) is a Dainik Bhaskar Group Company which is setting up a 1200 MW capacity thermal power plant in Baradarha village under Dabra tehsil of Janjgir-champa district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing