Dead scorpion in mid-day meal, 18 students fall ill in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: At least 18 students fell ill after consuming mid-day meal which became contaminated allegedly due to a dead scorpion in food in Chhattisgarh’s Balodabazar district on Wednesday, officials said.
“A girl student in a government middle school at Khamariya village of Sarsinwa region allegedly spotted the scorpion while having the meal, following which she complained to school authorities,” District Collector Rajesh Sukumar Toppo told PTI.
Soon, 18 students, between class 6th to 8th, complained of nausea and started vomiting and were taken to a nearby primary health centre, Toppo said. “All students have been discharged after treatment,” he said.
Officials said Hemant Sahu, who is in-charge of the mid-day meal in the school, has been suspended following preliminary investigation into the incident, while the self-help group (SHG) involved in cooking the food under the scheme removed.
About 45 students attended the school on Wednesday and consumed the mid-day-meal, according to officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi