Dead scorpion in mid-day meal, 18 students fall ill in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: At least 18 students fell ill after consuming mid-day meal which became contaminated allegedly due to a dead scorpion in food in Chhattisgarh’s Balodabazar district on Wednesday, officials said.
“A girl student in a government middle school at Khamariya village of Sarsinwa region allegedly spotted the scorpion while having the meal, following which she complained to school authorities,” District Collector Rajesh Sukumar Toppo told PTI.
Soon, 18 students, between class 6th to 8th, complained of nausea and started vomiting and were taken to a nearby primary health centre, Toppo said. “All students have been discharged after treatment,” he said.
Officials said Hemant Sahu, who is in-charge of the mid-day meal in the school, has been suspended following preliminary investigation into the incident, while the self-help group (SHG) involved in cooking the food under the scheme removed.
About 45 students attended the school on Wednesday and consumed the mid-day-meal, according to officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- International Red Cross to help flood-stricken Sri Lanka
- Bipasha Basu's latest fashion summer hack will give you style goals – See pic
- Jharkhand plans to improve its education system
- As BJP celebrates two years in power, ally Shiv Sena says Modi govt 'a failure on many fronts'
- Marijuana recovered from two smugglers in Jammu