Dead scorpion in mid-day meal, 18 students fall ill in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: At least 18 students fell ill after consuming mid-day meal which became contaminated allegedly due to a dead scorpion in food in Chhattisgarh’s Balodabazar district on Wednesday, officials said.
“A girl student in a government middle school at Khamariya village of Sarsinwa region allegedly spotted the scorpion while having the meal, following which she complained to school authorities,” District Collector Rajesh Sukumar Toppo told PTI.
Soon, 18 students, between class 6th to 8th, complained of nausea and started vomiting and were taken to a nearby primary health centre, Toppo said. “All students have been discharged after treatment,” he said.
Officials said Hemant Sahu, who is in-charge of the mid-day meal in the school, has been suspended following preliminary investigation into the incident, while the self-help group (SHG) involved in cooking the food under the scheme removed.
About 45 students attended the school on Wednesday and consumed the mid-day-meal, according to officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AgustaWestland row: Fossils of Congress' scams will be excavated years later, says Giriraj Singh
- Sitapur district authorities start demolition of Rampal Yadav-owned hotel-cum-multiplex
- MUST WATCH: Disgruntled employee tears down an aeroplane!
- Centre releases 25 more files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview