Death toll in Ambuja Cement plant accident rises to five
Raipur: With the recovery of one more body, the death toll in the accident at Ambuja Cement plant at Rawan in Chhattisgarh rose to five on Saturday.
The state government has ordered a magisterial probe.
Bodies of four workers had been extricated Friday, while one worker was missing. The accident took place on Thursday when a huge container carrying ash crashed in the plant during a maintenance operation in the mixing unit.
Police have registered a case against the company management, while the State Labour Department has ordered closure of all plant operations till the probe is over, government sources said.
A six-member panel headed by Additional Collector of Balodabazar district has been constituted to conduct the magisterial probe, which will submit its report within a week.
In the wake of the incident, the Labour Department has also been directed to conduct inspection of labour safety measures at factories across the state.
Balodabazar Collector Rajesh Sukumar Toppo has called a meeting of the representatives of all the cement plants in the district on February 5.
Chief Minister Raman Singh has directed the factory management to provide a compensation of Rs 10 lakh to the kin of each victim and a job to one member of their families, government sources said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015