Death toll in Ambuja Cement plant accident rises to five
Raipur: With the recovery of one more body, the death toll in the accident at Ambuja Cement plant at Rawan in Chhattisgarh rose to five on Saturday.
The state government has ordered a magisterial probe.
Bodies of four workers had been extricated Friday, while one worker was missing. The accident took place on Thursday when a huge container carrying ash crashed in the plant during a maintenance operation in the mixing unit.
Police have registered a case against the company management, while the State Labour Department has ordered closure of all plant operations till the probe is over, government sources said.
A six-member panel headed by Additional Collector of Balodabazar district has been constituted to conduct the magisterial probe, which will submit its report within a week.
In the wake of the incident, the Labour Department has also been directed to conduct inspection of labour safety measures at factories across the state.
Balodabazar Collector Rajesh Sukumar Toppo has called a meeting of the representatives of all the cement plants in the district on February 5.
Chief Minister Raman Singh has directed the factory management to provide a compensation of Rs 10 lakh to the kin of each victim and a job to one member of their families, government sources said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29