Death toll in SECL mine blast rises to eight
Korba: The death toll in the coal mine blast
at South Eastern Coalfield (SECL) at Chirmiri at Anjani Hills
reached to eight today, a company official said.
The rescue team recovered the dead bodies of two workers
out of six who were missing since the blast on Thursday, SECL
Chirmiri region Chief Managing Director, S S Mali said, adding
that with this recovery the death toll in the blast has risen
Four more workers are said to be trapped in the mine as
they have been missing since the time of incident. Mali said
the rescue team was being sent in the mine despite continuous
leak of carbon monoxide in it.
The air blast in the mine had left three persons
including SECL`s deputy general manager (operation) S K
Goswami dead and 32 others injured. Three workers had later
died during treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued