Death toll in SECL mine blast rises to eight
Korba: The death toll in the coal mine blast
at South Eastern Coalfield (SECL) at Chirmiri at Anjani Hills
reached to eight today, a company official said.
The rescue team recovered the dead bodies of two workers
out of six who were missing since the blast on Thursday, SECL
Chirmiri region Chief Managing Director, S S Mali said, adding
that with this recovery the death toll in the blast has risen
Four more workers are said to be trapped in the mine as
they have been missing since the time of incident. Mali said
the rescue team was being sent in the mine despite continuous
leak of carbon monoxide in it.
The air blast in the mine had left three persons
including SECL`s deputy general manager (operation) S K
Goswami dead and 32 others injured. Three workers had later
died during treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption