Death toll in SECL mine blast rises to eight
Korba: The death toll in the coal mine blast
at South Eastern Coalfield (SECL) at Chirmiri at Anjani Hills
reached to eight today, a company official said.
The rescue team recovered the dead bodies of two workers
out of six who were missing since the blast on Thursday, SECL
Chirmiri region Chief Managing Director, S S Mali said, adding
that with this recovery the death toll in the blast has risen
Four more workers are said to be trapped in the mine as
they have been missing since the time of incident. Mali said
the rescue team was being sent in the mine despite continuous
leak of carbon monoxide in it.
The air blast in the mine had left three persons
including SECL`s deputy general manager (operation) S K
Goswami dead and 32 others injured. Three workers had later
died during treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?