Death toll in SECL mine blast rises to eight
Korba: The death toll in the coal mine blast
at South Eastern Coalfield (SECL) at Chirmiri at Anjani Hills
reached to eight today, a company official said.
The rescue team recovered the dead bodies of two workers
out of six who were missing since the blast on Thursday, SECL
Chirmiri region Chief Managing Director, S S Mali said, adding
that with this recovery the death toll in the blast has risen
Four more workers are said to be trapped in the mine as
they have been missing since the time of incident. Mali said
the rescue team was being sent in the mine despite continuous
leak of carbon monoxide in it.
The air blast in the mine had left three persons
including SECL`s deputy general manager (operation) S K
Goswami dead and 32 others injured. Three workers had later
died during treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Fire officials rescue calf after it fell into well in Mirzapur
- All leads have turned out to be bad: Manohar Parrikar on missing AN-32 aircraft
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up