Defection case: HC notice to Ajit Jogi, 12 others
Bilaspur: The Chhattisgarh High Court has
issued notices to former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi and twelve
MLAs who had quit BJP.
In 2001, when Jogi was the Chief Minister, Tarun
Chatterjee, Paresh Bagbahara, Madan Singh Dahriya, Shukrajit
Nayak and eight others had quit BJP and formed Chhattisgarh
Erstwhile assembly speaker Rajendra Prasad Shukl granted
recognition to the outfit under the Constitution.
All of them joined Congress the very next day. This was
challenged, but the speaker turned down the objection.
Consequently, in 2003, the then leader of opposition Nand
Kumar Sai (BJP) moved HC against the speaker`s decision.
Justice Satish Agnihotri of High Court yesterday heard
the matter and issued notices to Jogi and the 12 MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'