Defection case: HC notice to Ajit Jogi, 12 others
Bilaspur: The Chhattisgarh High Court has
issued notices to former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi and twelve
MLAs who had quit BJP.
In 2001, when Jogi was the Chief Minister, Tarun
Chatterjee, Paresh Bagbahara, Madan Singh Dahriya, Shukrajit
Nayak and eight others had quit BJP and formed Chhattisgarh
Erstwhile assembly speaker Rajendra Prasad Shukl granted
recognition to the outfit under the Constitution.
All of them joined Congress the very next day. This was
challenged, but the speaker turned down the objection.
Consequently, in 2003, the then leader of opposition Nand
Kumar Sai (BJP) moved HC against the speaker`s decision.
Justice Satish Agnihotri of High Court yesterday heard
the matter and issued notices to Jogi and the 12 MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31