`Education schemes den of graft in Chhattisgarh`
Raipur: Two key Centre-sponsored education schemes are riddled with rampant corruption in BJP-ruled Chhattisgarh, opposition Congress alleged on Thursday.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) and Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission (RGSM) have become a "den" of large-scale corruption, Chhattisgarh Congress spokesman Anand Shukla said.
The Congress-led UPA government had given Rs 678.63 crore to the state in 2010-11 under SSA, the Centre`s flagship programme for universalisation of elementary education. However, this fund is being misused by the BJP government, he charged.
Under RGSM, festivals are organised to create interest for education among children. At these festivals, children are provided temporary shelter and food. But these things are not happening in Chhattisgarh, Shukla claimed.
There is also a provision under RGSM to provide drinking water facility in schools. But rampant irregularities have been reported in implementation of this provision, the Congress leader alleged.
In Bastar district, hand pumps were set up in 1,312 primary schools at a cost of over Rs 12 crore. However, these hand pumps are now out of order, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof