Eight Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Eight Naxals have been arrested in Chhattisgarh in two separate operations, police said Monday.
A joint team of Bijapur police and Chhattisgarh Armed Forces nabbed Kalmumi Minoo alias Manoj near Ghudsakal village, SP Prashant Agrawal said.
Explosives and ten detonators were seized from Minoo, who was carrying a reward of Rs 28,000 on his head, the SP said.
In another combing operation, four Naxals -- Chapa Naraiyya, Vacham Ramaiyya, Talandi Pavarao and Matti Sukhram were arrested from the jungles of Kottaguda and Kamlapalli in Bijapur district.
In Etebalka village of Kanker district, police arrested three more Maoists, Santosh Kumar Anchala (25), Birsingh Anchala (38) and Baisakhu Ram (35).
Kanker SP Rahul Bhagat said that they were accused of ambushing a police team near Etebalka on July 21, 2010.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory