Eight Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Eight Naxals have been arrested in Chhattisgarh in two separate operations, police said Monday.
A joint team of Bijapur police and Chhattisgarh Armed Forces nabbed Kalmumi Minoo alias Manoj near Ghudsakal village, SP Prashant Agrawal said.
Explosives and ten detonators were seized from Minoo, who was carrying a reward of Rs 28,000 on his head, the SP said.
In another combing operation, four Naxals -- Chapa Naraiyya, Vacham Ramaiyya, Talandi Pavarao and Matti Sukhram were arrested from the jungles of Kottaguda and Kamlapalli in Bijapur district.
In Etebalka village of Kanker district, police arrested three more Maoists, Santosh Kumar Anchala (25), Birsingh Anchala (38) and Baisakhu Ram (35).
Kanker SP Rahul Bhagat said that they were accused of ambushing a police team near Etebalka on July 21, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’