Eight Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Eight Naxals have been arrested in Chhattisgarh in two separate operations, police said Monday.
A joint team of Bijapur police and Chhattisgarh Armed Forces nabbed Kalmumi Minoo alias Manoj near Ghudsakal village, SP Prashant Agrawal said.
Explosives and ten detonators were seized from Minoo, who was carrying a reward of Rs 28,000 on his head, the SP said.
In another combing operation, four Naxals -- Chapa Naraiyya, Vacham Ramaiyya, Talandi Pavarao and Matti Sukhram were arrested from the jungles of Kottaguda and Kamlapalli in Bijapur district.
In Etebalka village of Kanker district, police arrested three more Maoists, Santosh Kumar Anchala (25), Birsingh Anchala (38) and Baisakhu Ram (35).
Kanker SP Rahul Bhagat said that they were accused of ambushing a police team near Etebalka on July 21, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?