Eight Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Eight Naxals have been arrested in Chhattisgarh in two separate operations, police said Monday.
A joint team of Bijapur police and Chhattisgarh Armed Forces nabbed Kalmumi Minoo alias Manoj near Ghudsakal village, SP Prashant Agrawal said.
Explosives and ten detonators were seized from Minoo, who was carrying a reward of Rs 28,000 on his head, the SP said.
In another combing operation, four Naxals -- Chapa Naraiyya, Vacham Ramaiyya, Talandi Pavarao and Matti Sukhram were arrested from the jungles of Kottaguda and Kamlapalli in Bijapur district.
In Etebalka village of Kanker district, police arrested three more Maoists, Santosh Kumar Anchala (25), Birsingh Anchala (38) and Baisakhu Ram (35).
Kanker SP Rahul Bhagat said that they were accused of ambushing a police team near Etebalka on July 21, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state