Eight Naxals surrender in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Eight Naxals, including a commander rank cadre on Saturday surrendered in the Maoist-hit Kondgaon district of Chhattisgarh.
The Naxals who surrendered were active in Kondagaon area of the restive Bastar region and were involved in several incidents of crime ranging from bomb blasts, attacks on police party, destruction of educational premises and torching of vehicles engaged in development works in the region, Kondagaon Additional Superintendent of Police Surjit Atri said.
"The ultras said that they surrendered as they were disappointed by the high-handedness of senior cadres, exploitation of tribal women and atrocities on tribals by them," Atri said.
According to the cadres, they were also frustrated with the high handedness of the senior leaders from Andhra Pradesh who allegedly suppress cadres belonging to Chhattisgarh and exploit them.
"They also alleged that senior leaders from Andhra Pradesh sexually exploited the tribal women and girls and were also involved in extorting money from the locals," the ASP said.
Those who surrendered are Manaku (36), former commander of local guerrilla squad (LGS) of Maoist, Bajjuram Salaam (35), Ranu Netam (21)- a Jantana Sarkar member, Sobhi Salaam (28), Aaytu Sori (27)- a Daula dalam member, Shankar Salaam (25)- a Janmilitia member, Ghassi Salaam (35)- Daula dalam (medical wing) member, Santosh (28) a Aadnar janmilitia member. All are natives of Bayanar police station limits of the district.
The ASP said that the Maoists, who have surrendered, will be rehabilitated as per the policies of the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam