Father, son die of electrocution in Chhattisgarh's Korba
An engineering student and his father died of electrocution in Chhattisgarh's Korba district Friday, police said.
Korba: An engineering student and his father died of electrocution in Chhattisgarh's Korba district Friday, police said.
Ishwar Chandra (45), and his son Jitendra (21) were killed in the incident that took place at their residence in Bankimongra colony of SECL Korba, East region under Bankimongra police station limits, Korba ASP Lal Umed Singh said.
When Ishwar's wife Jamuna Devi was putting out clothes for drying on an iron wire in the courtyard of the house and received an electric shock after the wires came in contact with electric wiring, he said.
On hearing the screams, her husband and son rushed to rescue her and came in contact with the wire, Singh said, adding, they both came in contact with the wire and got heavy electric shock, leading to their death on the spot, the ASP said.
Soon after the incident, neighbours informed the police and rushed the trio to a local SECL hospital where the father and son were declared brought dead, Singh said.
The woman is undergoing treatment and is stated to be out of danger, the ASP said.
A case has been registered in this connection, he said, adding, further probe is on.