FDA officer arrested for receiving Rs 50,000 bribe
Raipur: Sleuths of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) caught red handed a Deputy Drug Controller of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) here for receiving a bribe of Rs 50,000.
"Deputy Drug Controller (Contractual), (FDA) S Babu (65) was arrested for demanding and accepting bribe from a businessman against issuing him license for repackaging, last evening," a senior ACB official told a news agency.
According to officials, complainant Toshan Chandrakar, a native of Dhamtari, owns a firm Anandi Chemicals at Shatabdi Nagar here.
Chandrakar had lodged a complaint with the ACB alleging that Babu had sought Rs 1 lakh as bribe against his application requesting license for re-packaging of potassium permanganate and sodium bi-carbonate in his firm.
The deal was finally struck for Rs 50,000 following which the trap was laid on August 20 at the office of the accused.
As Babu received the bribe amount and placed it in his table box, ACB officials arrested him and recovered the sum.
He was arrested under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, the official said.
Babu had retired in 2009 and subsequently, got an extension on contractual basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!