First session of the Chhattisgarh Assembly ends
Raipur: The first session of the fourth Chhattisgarh legislative assembly ended here today.
After listed business for the day, including several calling attention notices were over, Speaker Gaurishankar Agrawal Kaushik adjourned the House sine die this evening.
The session`s first phase held from January 6 to January 10, began with administering of oath to newly elected members and the governor`s speech.
After a break, the session was resumed on February 3 and Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh presented the state budget for the year 2014-15, during the second phase.
Agrawal said that the Assembly had a total of 23 sittings, during which 183 questions were asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list