Five arrested for gang-raping tribal woman in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five men have been arrested for allegedly raping a tribal woman in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district, police said on Sunday.
"Five people have been booked under section 376(g) (gang- rape) by Pakhanjur police station yesterday," Superintendent of Police Rahul Bhagat told PTI.
The accused include a village sarpanch. According to the woman, she was raped by the accused at Alor village (over 250 kilometres from here) on December 23.
Two days later she went to the government hospital in Pakhanjur from where the doctors informed the police that a woman, brutally assaulted, had been admitted.
However, the SP said, the medical report of the government hospital was silent on rape. Next day, the victim herself went to a private hospital, where she told the doctors about the rape.
Manik Lal (37), Shyamku Usendi (28), Premlal Gota (30), Mohan Komre (36) and Malli Ram Yadav (45) have been held in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister