Five arrested for gang-raping tribal woman in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five men have been arrested for allegedly raping a tribal woman in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district, police said on Sunday.
"Five people have been booked under section 376(g) (gang- rape) by Pakhanjur police station yesterday," Superintendent of Police Rahul Bhagat told PTI.
The accused include a village sarpanch. According to the woman, she was raped by the accused at Alor village (over 250 kilometres from here) on December 23.
Two days later she went to the government hospital in Pakhanjur from where the doctors informed the police that a woman, brutally assaulted, had been admitted.
However, the SP said, the medical report of the government hospital was silent on rape. Next day, the victim herself went to a private hospital, where she told the doctors about the rape.
Manik Lal (37), Shyamku Usendi (28), Premlal Gota (30), Mohan Komre (36) and Malli Ram Yadav (45) have been held in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Iran chastises Russia for publicising use of Iranian bases
- Poll shows that most Israelis, Palestinians still seek peace
- Gionee to set up manufacturing unit, invest Rs 500 crore
- 26/11 Mumbai attack case: Pak court sends terror financier to judicial custody, snubs investigators
- It's OUT! Love happens at fourth sight, not first