Five children killed in separate mishaps in Bilaspur
Bilaspur: Five children of two families were killed and ten others injured seriously in as many separate accidents in district, police said on Tuesday.
"Three children of a family--Roshni Verma (10), Chhotu Verma (11) and Arvind Verma (12)--died on the spot when the tractor in which they were travelling overturned between Bartori and Mohtara villages last evening," SP Ratanlal Dangi told a news agency.
He said 20 other members, including some women, hurt in the mishap were admitted to CIMS hospital in Bilaspur.
The accident occurred when the driver lost control while negotiating a sharp curve on the road, the SP said.
In another accident, two sisters Kavita Dhruv (10) and Radha Dhruv (14) died on the spot when their tractor overturned near Patharia village under Hirri police station limits area yesterday, Dangi said, adding 25 others were injured, ten of them seriously, in the mishap.
The deceased were returning from attending a festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media