Five children killed in separate mishaps in Bilaspur
Bilaspur: Five children of two families were killed and ten others injured seriously in as many separate accidents in district, police said on Tuesday.
"Three children of a family--Roshni Verma (10), Chhotu Verma (11) and Arvind Verma (12)--died on the spot when the tractor in which they were travelling overturned between Bartori and Mohtara villages last evening," SP Ratanlal Dangi told a news agency.
He said 20 other members, including some women, hurt in the mishap were admitted to CIMS hospital in Bilaspur.
The accident occurred when the driver lost control while negotiating a sharp curve on the road, the SP said.
In another accident, two sisters Kavita Dhruv (10) and Radha Dhruv (14) died on the spot when their tractor overturned near Patharia village under Hirri police station limits area yesterday, Dangi said, adding 25 others were injured, ten of them seriously, in the mishap.
The deceased were returning from attending a festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate