Five children killed in separate mishaps in Bilaspur
Bilaspur: Five children of two families were killed and ten others injured seriously in as many separate accidents in district, police said on Tuesday.
"Three children of a family--Roshni Verma (10), Chhotu Verma (11) and Arvind Verma (12)--died on the spot when the tractor in which they were travelling overturned between Bartori and Mohtara villages last evening," SP Ratanlal Dangi told a news agency.
He said 20 other members, including some women, hurt in the mishap were admitted to CIMS hospital in Bilaspur.
The accident occurred when the driver lost control while negotiating a sharp curve on the road, the SP said.
In another accident, two sisters Kavita Dhruv (10) and Radha Dhruv (14) died on the spot when their tractor overturned near Patharia village under Hirri police station limits area yesterday, Dangi said, adding 25 others were injured, ten of them seriously, in the mishap.
The deceased were returning from attending a festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack