Five children killed in separate mishaps in Bilaspur
Bilaspur: Five children of two families were killed and ten others injured seriously in as many separate accidents in district, police said on Tuesday.
"Three children of a family--Roshni Verma (10), Chhotu Verma (11) and Arvind Verma (12)--died on the spot when the tractor in which they were travelling overturned between Bartori and Mohtara villages last evening," SP Ratanlal Dangi told a news agency.
He said 20 other members, including some women, hurt in the mishap were admitted to CIMS hospital in Bilaspur.
The accident occurred when the driver lost control while negotiating a sharp curve on the road, the SP said.
In another accident, two sisters Kavita Dhruv (10) and Radha Dhruv (14) died on the spot when their tractor overturned near Patharia village under Hirri police station limits area yesterday, Dangi said, adding 25 others were injured, ten of them seriously, in the mishap.
The deceased were returning from attending a festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range