Five children killed in separate mishaps in Bilaspur
Bilaspur: Five children of two families were killed and ten others injured seriously in as many separate accidents in district, police said on Tuesday.
"Three children of a family--Roshni Verma (10), Chhotu Verma (11) and Arvind Verma (12)--died on the spot when the tractor in which they were travelling overturned between Bartori and Mohtara villages last evening," SP Ratanlal Dangi told a news agency.
He said 20 other members, including some women, hurt in the mishap were admitted to CIMS hospital in Bilaspur.
The accident occurred when the driver lost control while negotiating a sharp curve on the road, the SP said.
In another accident, two sisters Kavita Dhruv (10) and Radha Dhruv (14) died on the spot when their tractor overturned near Patharia village under Hirri police station limits area yesterday, Dangi said, adding 25 others were injured, ten of them seriously, in the mishap.
The deceased were returning from attending a festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Two arrested with narcotic capsules, injections in Jammu
- Pakistan rise to No. 1 in Test rankings after India-West Indies match called off
- Dengue menace: Two more die in Delhi, death toll jumps to 311
- Libya parliament rejects UN-backed unity government
- Ind vs WI: Day 5 washed out, Virat Kohli & co win series 2-0 but lose top ranking