Five CRPF men killed in Dantewada landmine blast
Raipur: Five CRPF personnel were killed
and three injured on Tuesday when a commander`s escort vehicle was
blown up in a landmine blast by Naxals in Dantewada district
Commander of CRPF`s 2nd battalion Arvind Rai escaped
unhurt in the attack which occurred when he was travelling
with the jawans from Kerlapal to Sukma in Dantewada district,
280 kms from here, Additional Director General of Police
The vehicle which was following Rai`s jeep was blown
up in the blast, killing the five jawans on the spot.
Additional forces have been rushed to the site and
the injured have been admitted to Jagdalpur hospital, he said.
The officer said that the Supreme Court had directed
withdrawal of jawans from schools in Naxal-hit areas and Rai
had gone to Kerlapal in connection with the setting up of a
He was returning from the visit when the Naxals
carried out the attack.
Security forces have intensified combing operations in
the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics