Five CRPF men killed in Dantewada landmine blast
Raipur: Five CRPF personnel were killed
and three injured on Tuesday when a commander`s escort vehicle was
blown up in a landmine blast by Naxals in Dantewada district
Commander of CRPF`s 2nd battalion Arvind Rai escaped
unhurt in the attack which occurred when he was travelling
with the jawans from Kerlapal to Sukma in Dantewada district,
280 kms from here, Additional Director General of Police
The vehicle which was following Rai`s jeep was blown
up in the blast, killing the five jawans on the spot.
Additional forces have been rushed to the site and
the injured have been admitted to Jagdalpur hospital, he said.
The officer said that the Supreme Court had directed
withdrawal of jawans from schools in Naxal-hit areas and Rai
had gone to Kerlapal in connection with the setting up of a
He was returning from the visit when the Naxals
carried out the attack.
Security forces have intensified combing operations in
the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon