Five CRPF men killed in Dantewada landmine blast
Raipur: Five CRPF personnel were killed
and three injured on Tuesday when a commander`s escort vehicle was
blown up in a landmine blast by Naxals in Dantewada district
Commander of CRPF`s 2nd battalion Arvind Rai escaped
unhurt in the attack which occurred when he was travelling
with the jawans from Kerlapal to Sukma in Dantewada district,
280 kms from here, Additional Director General of Police
The vehicle which was following Rai`s jeep was blown
up in the blast, killing the five jawans on the spot.
Additional forces have been rushed to the site and
the injured have been admitted to Jagdalpur hospital, he said.
The officer said that the Supreme Court had directed
withdrawal of jawans from schools in Naxal-hit areas and Rai
had gone to Kerlapal in connection with the setting up of a
He was returning from the visit when the Naxals
carried out the attack.
Security forces have intensified combing operations in
the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state