Five including four children killed in road mishap
Raipur: Five persons, including four children, were on Thursday killed and 13 others injured when a SUV carrying a marriage party collided head-on with a bus in Jashpur district of northern Chhattisgarh, police said.
"The incident occurred at Karmitikra village, about 10 kms ahead of Pathalgaon town on Ambikapur-Pathalgaon road," sub-divisional officer of police (SDOP) DL Kehari told.
The SUV, carrying the marriage party, was proceeding from Jajga village (under Sitapur police station limits) in Sarguja district to the bride`s place at Ludaid village near Pathalgaon while the private passenger bus was on its way to Ambikapur, he said.
Four children and the driver of the car died on the spot, he said.
The deceased have been identified as Neelam Khalko (12), Sanjeev (10), Suraj (9), Lavkush Khalko (8) and driver Deepak Gupta (25), the SDOP said, adding that, however, the passengers of the bus were not injured.
"The 13 injured passengers of the SUV have been rushed to a local hospital in Pathalgaon," he added.
Both the bus and the SUV have been seized by police and a case has been registered in this connection, he said.
The magnitude of the accident indicates that the SUV was running at a speed of over 100 kmph, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof