Five including four children killed in road mishap
Raipur: Five persons, including four children, were on Thursday killed and 13 others injured when a SUV carrying a marriage party collided head-on with a bus in Jashpur district of northern Chhattisgarh, police said.
"The incident occurred at Karmitikra village, about 10 kms ahead of Pathalgaon town on Ambikapur-Pathalgaon road," sub-divisional officer of police (SDOP) DL Kehari told.
The SUV, carrying the marriage party, was proceeding from Jajga village (under Sitapur police station limits) in Sarguja district to the bride`s place at Ludaid village near Pathalgaon while the private passenger bus was on its way to Ambikapur, he said.
Four children and the driver of the car died on the spot, he said.
The deceased have been identified as Neelam Khalko (12), Sanjeev (10), Suraj (9), Lavkush Khalko (8) and driver Deepak Gupta (25), the SDOP said, adding that, however, the passengers of the bus were not injured.
"The 13 injured passengers of the SUV have been rushed to a local hospital in Pathalgaon," he added.
Both the bus and the SUV have been seized by police and a case has been registered in this connection, he said.
The magnitude of the accident indicates that the SUV was running at a speed of over 100 kmph, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!