Five killed in house collapse in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five persons, including children, were killed when their house collapsed following heavy rains in Chhattisgarh`s Gariaband district, police said on Friday.
Chief Minster Raman Singh has announced a compensation to the kin of the victims.
Two women, Chandrika Bai (25) and Premin Bai (80), and three minors, Karan (3), Gulshan (2) and Pinki (15), were killed when their house came crashing down last night at Atarmara village of Chhura tehsil in the district after heavy rains lashed the region, a senior police official said.
Later, rescue personnel extricated the victims from the debris with the help of villagers and shifted them to a local hospital where five of them were declared brought dead, the official said.
Besides, a 12-year-old boy sustained injuries in the mishap and has been admitted to Rajim hospital where his condition was stated to be normal, police said.
Meanwhile, a district administration official informed that the chief minister has announced a compensation of Rs 1.50 lakh for each of the deceased.
Apart from that, the government will also provide aid for medical treatment of the injured and Rs 35,000 for repair of the house, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31