Five killed in house collapse in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five persons, including children, were killed when their house collapsed following heavy rains in Chhattisgarh`s Gariaband district, police said on Friday.
Chief Minster Raman Singh has announced a compensation to the kin of the victims.
Two women, Chandrika Bai (25) and Premin Bai (80), and three minors, Karan (3), Gulshan (2) and Pinki (15), were killed when their house came crashing down last night at Atarmara village of Chhura tehsil in the district after heavy rains lashed the region, a senior police official said.
Later, rescue personnel extricated the victims from the debris with the help of villagers and shifted them to a local hospital where five of them were declared brought dead, the official said.
Besides, a 12-year-old boy sustained injuries in the mishap and has been admitted to Rajim hospital where his condition was stated to be normal, police said.
Meanwhile, a district administration official informed that the chief minister has announced a compensation of Rs 1.50 lakh for each of the deceased.
Apart from that, the government will also provide aid for medical treatment of the injured and Rs 35,000 for repair of the house, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!