Five killed in house collapse in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five persons, including children, were killed when their house collapsed following heavy rains in Chhattisgarh`s Gariaband district, police said on Friday.
Chief Minster Raman Singh has announced a compensation to the kin of the victims.
Two women, Chandrika Bai (25) and Premin Bai (80), and three minors, Karan (3), Gulshan (2) and Pinki (15), were killed when their house came crashing down last night at Atarmara village of Chhura tehsil in the district after heavy rains lashed the region, a senior police official said.
Later, rescue personnel extricated the victims from the debris with the help of villagers and shifted them to a local hospital where five of them were declared brought dead, the official said.
Besides, a 12-year-old boy sustained injuries in the mishap and has been admitted to Rajim hospital where his condition was stated to be normal, police said.
Meanwhile, a district administration official informed that the chief minister has announced a compensation of Rs 1.50 lakh for each of the deceased.
Apart from that, the government will also provide aid for medical treatment of the injured and Rs 35,000 for repair of the house, the official added.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today