Five killed in road mishap in Raipur
Raipur: Five labourers were killed Friday and six others injured, three of them seriously, when their overloaded SUV collided head-on with a speeding truck here, police said.
The mishap took place at Parabhat village under Kharora police station limits leaving four dead on the spot while another succumbed at a local hospital, Raipur Superintendent of Police (SP) O P Pal said.
The victims were working as labourers at a brick kiln in Mohlai village of Durg for the past three months.
This morning, 22 labourers including women and children, all residents of Maharaji village of Balodabazar district, were returning to their native place when the accident took place.
The deceased were identified as: Dasoda Bai Vishwakarma (35), Champa Bai Paikra (35), Sahdeen Paikra (6), Manohar Karsh (18) and Soncharan Vishwakarma (16), police said.
The six who received serious injuries have been admitted to a private hospital here where three of them are stated to be in a critical condition, the SP said.
According to Kharora police, other passengers of the SUV also sustained minor injuries and were provided treatment at Kharora health centre.
Soon after the incident, drivers of both the vehicles fled from the spot and efforts are on to nab them.
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit