Five killed in road mishap in Raipur
Raipur: Five labourers were killed Friday and six others injured, three of them seriously, when their overloaded SUV collided head-on with a speeding truck here, police said.
The mishap took place at Parabhat village under Kharora police station limits leaving four dead on the spot while another succumbed at a local hospital, Raipur Superintendent of Police (SP) O P Pal said.
The victims were working as labourers at a brick kiln in Mohlai village of Durg for the past three months.
This morning, 22 labourers including women and children, all residents of Maharaji village of Balodabazar district, were returning to their native place when the accident took place.
The deceased were identified as: Dasoda Bai Vishwakarma (35), Champa Bai Paikra (35), Sahdeen Paikra (6), Manohar Karsh (18) and Soncharan Vishwakarma (16), police said.
The six who received serious injuries have been admitted to a private hospital here where three of them are stated to be in a critical condition, the SP said.
According to Kharora police, other passengers of the SUV also sustained minor injuries and were provided treatment at Kharora health centre.
Soon after the incident, drivers of both the vehicles fled from the spot and efforts are on to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today