Five killed in road mishap in Raipur
Raipur: Five labourers were killed Friday and six others injured, three of them seriously, when their overloaded SUV collided head-on with a speeding truck here, police said.
The mishap took place at Parabhat village under Kharora police station limits leaving four dead on the spot while another succumbed at a local hospital, Raipur Superintendent of Police (SP) O P Pal said.
The victims were working as labourers at a brick kiln in Mohlai village of Durg for the past three months.
This morning, 22 labourers including women and children, all residents of Maharaji village of Balodabazar district, were returning to their native place when the accident took place.
The deceased were identified as: Dasoda Bai Vishwakarma (35), Champa Bai Paikra (35), Sahdeen Paikra (6), Manohar Karsh (18) and Soncharan Vishwakarma (16), police said.
The six who received serious injuries have been admitted to a private hospital here where three of them are stated to be in a critical condition, the SP said.
According to Kharora police, other passengers of the SUV also sustained minor injuries and were provided treatment at Kharora health centre.
Soon after the incident, drivers of both the vehicles fled from the spot and efforts are on to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal