Five killed in road mishap in Raipur
Raipur: Five labourers were killed Friday and six others injured, three of them seriously, when their overloaded SUV collided head-on with a speeding truck here, police said.
The mishap took place at Parabhat village under Kharora police station limits leaving four dead on the spot while another succumbed at a local hospital, Raipur Superintendent of Police (SP) O P Pal said.
The victims were working as labourers at a brick kiln in Mohlai village of Durg for the past three months.
This morning, 22 labourers including women and children, all residents of Maharaji village of Balodabazar district, were returning to their native place when the accident took place.
The deceased were identified as: Dasoda Bai Vishwakarma (35), Champa Bai Paikra (35), Sahdeen Paikra (6), Manohar Karsh (18) and Soncharan Vishwakarma (16), police said.
The six who received serious injuries have been admitted to a private hospital here where three of them are stated to be in a critical condition, the SP said.
According to Kharora police, other passengers of the SUV also sustained minor injuries and were provided treatment at Kharora health centre.
Soon after the incident, drivers of both the vehicles fled from the spot and efforts are on to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why