Five labourers killed as electric tower collapses in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five labourers were killed when a high-tension electric tower, on which they were working, collapsed in Janjgir-Champa district of Chhattisgarh on Sunday, police said.
"The incident occurred at Javre Hardi village under Janjgir police station area of the district this evening killing five labourers on the spot," Janjgir-Champa Superintendent of Police Sheikh Arif Hussain told PTI over phone.
The labourers, belonging to a private company, were laying the high tension wire of Power Grid Corporation on a 120-feet-high tower when it collapsed, he said, adding the work was nearly over and the cause behind the incident was being investigated.
Those killed were identified as Vikas Mahto (21), Hari Mahto (26), Prakash Mahto (28), Bhola Mahto (35) and Gowardhan Singh (22), all natives of Jharkhand.
A case has been registered in this connection, he said, adding stern action would be taken against the guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India