Five labourers killed as electric tower collapses in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five labourers were killed when a high-tension electric tower, on which they were working, collapsed in Janjgir-Champa district of Chhattisgarh on Sunday, police said.
"The incident occurred at Javre Hardi village under Janjgir police station area of the district this evening killing five labourers on the spot," Janjgir-Champa Superintendent of Police Sheikh Arif Hussain told PTI over phone.
The labourers, belonging to a private company, were laying the high tension wire of Power Grid Corporation on a 120-feet-high tower when it collapsed, he said, adding the work was nearly over and the cause behind the incident was being investigated.
Those killed were identified as Vikas Mahto (21), Hari Mahto (26), Prakash Mahto (28), Bhola Mahto (35) and Gowardhan Singh (22), all natives of Jharkhand.
A case has been registered in this connection, he said, adding stern action would be taken against the guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!