Five labourers killed as electric tower collapses in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five labourers were killed when a high-tension electric tower, on which they were working, collapsed in Janjgir-Champa district of Chhattisgarh on Sunday, police said.
"The incident occurred at Javre Hardi village under Janjgir police station area of the district this evening killing five labourers on the spot," Janjgir-Champa Superintendent of Police Sheikh Arif Hussain told PTI over phone.
The labourers, belonging to a private company, were laying the high tension wire of Power Grid Corporation on a 120-feet-high tower when it collapsed, he said, adding the work was nearly over and the cause behind the incident was being investigated.
Those killed were identified as Vikas Mahto (21), Hari Mahto (26), Prakash Mahto (28), Bhola Mahto (35) and Gowardhan Singh (22), all natives of Jharkhand.
A case has been registered in this connection, he said, adding stern action would be taken against the guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says