Five Maoists arrested near Lalgarh
Jhargram: Five Maoists were Thursday
arrested from various places of the state, police said.
"Acting on a tip-off, joint forces raided the forest
near Lakshmanpur of Lalgarh and arrested the three Maoist
cadre including Dilip Mahato," Superintendent of Police Manoj
Verma told reporters in Midnapore.
"Mahato is a top Maoist leader and is an accused in
the abduction of former officer-in-charge of Sankrail police
station Atindranath Dutta," he said.
Along with him, two others - Lakshmikanta Soren,
Babulal Tudu - were also arrested from the spot. They are
residents of Bhulageria village near Lalgarh, he said.
Two rifles, two double-barrel guns and a landmine were
seized from their possession, Verma said.
Another Maoist cadre Uttam Mandi was arrested from
Binpur in the district, he said.
Ashok Singha, a Maoist cadre, was arrested from Goghat
in Hooghly district early today, the police said.
Meanwhile, life has been affected badly by the ongoing
two-day bandh called by Maoist to protest against the arrest
of their top leader, including their Bengal state secretary
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack