Five Maoists arrested near Lalgarh
Jhargram: Five Maoists were Thursday
arrested from various places of the state, police said.
"Acting on a tip-off, joint forces raided the forest
near Lakshmanpur of Lalgarh and arrested the three Maoist
cadre including Dilip Mahato," Superintendent of Police Manoj
Verma told reporters in Midnapore.
"Mahato is a top Maoist leader and is an accused in
the abduction of former officer-in-charge of Sankrail police
station Atindranath Dutta," he said.
Along with him, two others - Lakshmikanta Soren,
Babulal Tudu - were also arrested from the spot. They are
residents of Bhulageria village near Lalgarh, he said.
Two rifles, two double-barrel guns and a landmine were
seized from their possession, Verma said.
Another Maoist cadre Uttam Mandi was arrested from
Binpur in the district, he said.
Ashok Singha, a Maoist cadre, was arrested from Goghat
in Hooghly district early today, the police said.
Meanwhile, life has been affected badly by the ongoing
two-day bandh called by Maoist to protest against the arrest
of their top leader, including their Bengal state secretary
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal