Five Maoists arrested near Lalgarh
Jhargram: Five Maoists were Thursday
arrested from various places of the state, police said.
"Acting on a tip-off, joint forces raided the forest
near Lakshmanpur of Lalgarh and arrested the three Maoist
cadre including Dilip Mahato," Superintendent of Police Manoj
Verma told reporters in Midnapore.
"Mahato is a top Maoist leader and is an accused in
the abduction of former officer-in-charge of Sankrail police
station Atindranath Dutta," he said.
Along with him, two others - Lakshmikanta Soren,
Babulal Tudu - were also arrested from the spot. They are
residents of Bhulageria village near Lalgarh, he said.
Two rifles, two double-barrel guns and a landmine were
seized from their possession, Verma said.
Another Maoist cadre Uttam Mandi was arrested from
Binpur in the district, he said.
Ashok Singha, a Maoist cadre, was arrested from Goghat
in Hooghly district early today, the police said.
Meanwhile, life has been affected badly by the ongoing
two-day bandh called by Maoist to protest against the arrest
of their top leader, including their Bengal state secretary
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply