Five Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five Naxals were on Saturday arrested during a joint-search operation in Bijapur district, police said.
The cadres were arrested at Modakpal during the operation conducted by police and BSF jawans, Superintendent of Police (Bijapur) Prashant Agrawal said.
The Naxals, identified as Tati Sarita (22), Erma Suklu (25), Michhya Banga (20), Michhya Suklu (30) and Punem Ramesh (30), have confessed that they were part of the Naxal network and participated in some of the crimes over the last two years, he said.
Interrogation of the arrested cadres are still on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?