Five Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five Naxals were on Saturday arrested during a joint-search operation in Bijapur district, police said.
The cadres were arrested at Modakpal during the operation conducted by police and BSF jawans, Superintendent of Police (Bijapur) Prashant Agrawal said.
The Naxals, identified as Tati Sarita (22), Erma Suklu (25), Michhya Banga (20), Michhya Suklu (30) and Punem Ramesh (30), have confessed that they were part of the Naxal network and participated in some of the crimes over the last two years, he said.
Interrogation of the arrested cadres are still on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand