Five Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five Naxals were on Saturday arrested during a joint-search operation in Bijapur district, police said.
The cadres were arrested at Modakpal during the operation conducted by police and BSF jawans, Superintendent of Police (Bijapur) Prashant Agrawal said.
The Naxals, identified as Tati Sarita (22), Erma Suklu (25), Michhya Banga (20), Michhya Suklu (30) and Punem Ramesh (30), have confessed that they were part of the Naxal network and participated in some of the crimes over the last two years, he said.
Interrogation of the arrested cadres are still on, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing