Five Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five Naxalites have been arrested with cache of arms and ammunition from Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Tuesday.
"Acting upon specific information, a joint team of Border Security Force and local police nabbed the cadres from forests of Maspur village last evening," Kanker Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) MZ Baig said.
A muzzle loading gun was also recovered from their possession, Baig said, adding, later two bombs, weighing 7 kg and 2 kg, battery and 10 mtr wire hidden beneath the soil on Maspur-Raoghat road were also recovered based on their statement.
After getting a tip off about Naxals holding a public meeting in the jungles of Tadoki, which lies at around 200 kms from the state capital Raipur, the patrol was mobilised on Monday morning.
On seeing the security forces near Maspur village, the ultras tried to escape from the spot.Later security personnel chased and arrested them.
Four of them - Massu Potai (22), Fandiram Dugga (27), Singrai Potai (40) and Bilas (30), are wanted in several incidents of crime including murder, landmine explosion, arms and ammunitions loot etc, the DSP said.
Another arrested Sindhu Maravi (21), was a sangham member of outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist), the DSP said.
All the arrested are being interrogated, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark