Five Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five Naxals suspected to have been involved in operations against police forces were arrested from two locations in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday.
Potam Shankar (28), Araiya Dinesh (19) and Araiya Ganpat (19) were picked up from Gauraram village under Maded area of the district by a joint patrolling team of district police, Chhattisgarh Sashastra Dal and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Bijapur SP Prashant Agarwal said.
Another joint team apprehended Pinnapalli Rajesha (22) and Gavdi Nagaiya (20) from Sairkonta village under Cherpally police limits, he said.
Agarwal said the arrested ultras were working as "Jan Militia" and dalam members and participated in various operations against police.
The SP said the ultras had confessed to their involvement in many cases of murder, attempt to murder and dacoity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Did you know? India's first bullet train will run under water
- Selfie time! Alia Bhatt freezes frame with Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Shinde's team – Pic inside
- If Priyanka Gandhi takes charge of Congress then BJP will face tough challenge: Ramdev
- 'Jai Hind' – this is how Air India will wish passengers now!
- Government vows to crack down on super-rich tax evaders