Five Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five Naxals suspected to have been involved in operations against police forces were arrested from two locations in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday.
Potam Shankar (28), Araiya Dinesh (19) and Araiya Ganpat (19) were picked up from Gauraram village under Maded area of the district by a joint patrolling team of district police, Chhattisgarh Sashastra Dal and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Bijapur SP Prashant Agarwal said.
Another joint team apprehended Pinnapalli Rajesha (22) and Gavdi Nagaiya (20) from Sairkonta village under Cherpally police limits, he said.
Agarwal said the arrested ultras were working as "Jan Militia" and dalam members and participated in various operations against police.
The SP said the ultras had confessed to their involvement in many cases of murder, attempt to murder and dacoity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends