Five Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five Naxals suspected to have been involved in operations against police forces were arrested from two locations in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday.
Potam Shankar (28), Araiya Dinesh (19) and Araiya Ganpat (19) were picked up from Gauraram village under Maded area of the district by a joint patrolling team of district police, Chhattisgarh Sashastra Dal and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Bijapur SP Prashant Agarwal said.
Another joint team apprehended Pinnapalli Rajesha (22) and Gavdi Nagaiya (20) from Sairkonta village under Cherpally police limits, he said.
Agarwal said the arrested ultras were working as "Jan Militia" and dalam members and participated in various operations against police.
The SP said the ultras had confessed to their involvement in many cases of murder, attempt to murder and dacoity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie