Five Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five Naxals suspected to have been involved in operations against police forces were arrested from two locations in Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Thursday.
Potam Shankar (28), Araiya Dinesh (19) and Araiya Ganpat (19) were picked up from Gauraram village under Maded area of the district by a joint patrolling team of district police, Chhattisgarh Sashastra Dal and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Bijapur SP Prashant Agarwal said.
Another joint team apprehended Pinnapalli Rajesha (22) and Gavdi Nagaiya (20) from Sairkonta village under Cherpally police limits, he said.
Agarwal said the arrested ultras were working as "Jan Militia" and dalam members and participated in various operations against police.
The SP said the ultras had confessed to their involvement in many cases of murder, attempt to murder and dacoity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users