Five Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five Naxals, accused of murders and attack on police party, have been arrested during an operation by police and BSF jawans in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district.
"The wanted cadres were arrested during the operation conducted by police and Border Security Force (BSF) jawans at Enhur village in the district yesterday," Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) MZ Baig told a news agency over phone today.
The arrested were identified as Bodhram (55), Suderam Netam (45), Narayan Nareti (45), Pyarelal Jain (40) and Maniklal Nareti (25), he said.
The accused were involved in a number of crimes ranging from murder, arson, attack on police party and loot in the region and the cases against them were lodged at Siksor and Durgkondal police station, the DSP said.
"The four elderly ultras were active in the Naxal movement since 1998 and were hardcore members," he said, adding their arrest can be termed as a big success for security forces.
The search party was on area domination operation since the last three days in the forests of restive Manhakal, Manjhikursubodi and Enhur village of the region.
After getting a tip-off about their presence in Enhur village, the team rounded them up, he said.
Interrogation of the arrested Naxals is still on, the DSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital