Five Naxals nabbed from weekly market in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five Naxalites were arrested from a weekly market in the insurgency-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, the cadres were nabbed from Narayanpur police station limits by a team of local police last night, Narayanpur Additional Superintendent of Police O P Sharma told a news agency.
Based on information about some rebels having arrived at the Narayanpur weekly market, security personnel launched an investigation at the spot during which five suspects were held, he said.
Later, during interrogation they admitted being involved in the movement, he said.
Those arrested were identified as - Chamru Gota (26), Soma Salaam (50), Antu Korram (36), Soma Pattavi (48) and Jainu Gota (36).
They were involved in several incidents of crime in the region, the ASP said, adding that it was yet to be ascertained to which `dalam` or group of Maoist they belong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg celebrates his wedding anniversary in a 'musical' way! - See pic
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi calls for country to move towards 'cashless society'
- 4th round of global NCAP crash tests on Indian cars soon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM pitches for saving 'every drop' of water during Monsoon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi praises Sonowal for performing his duty despite polls