Five ultras held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five Naxals were arrested in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh in a joint operation by police and BSF on Sunday, police said.
"The cadres were nabbed from different villages in the forests of Tadoki police station area by the joint contingent of district force and BSF," Station House Officer (SHO) of Tadoki police station, GS Thakur told PTI.
The Maoists are identified as Ramu Gond (50), Fulsingh Markam (25), Shyam Singh (35), Rai Singh (58) and Ramesh Dugga (25)--all members of Jan militia group, Thakur said, adding that the members admitted of being involved in the movement during interrogation.
The patrol party was mobilised on specific inputs about the presence of the militia members in the region.
They all were apprehended from their respective houses, police said, adding that they were involved in several incidents of crimes in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof