Five wanted Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five alleged hardcore Naxals, carrying cash rewards on their head, were arrested during separate search operations in Maoist-hit Bastar region of Chhattisgarh, police said on Thursday.
"Acting on a tip- off, three ultras were nabbed from the forest of Madanar village under Bayanar police station limits of Kondagaon district late last evening," a senior police official said.
The security personnel were mobilised in the region following inputs about the presence of the rebels in Madanar forests.
On reaching there, police rounded up two suspected men who later during interrogation admitted to being involved in the Naxal movement as active members of Madanar Jantana Sarkar group of Maoist, the official said.
Those arrested were identified as Juglu (45) and Gandoram (40), carrying cash rewards of Rs 25,000 and Rs 3,000 respectively on their heads.
After joining the Red outfit in 2000, they were involved in incidents of crime including loot, arson, murder and attack on police party, he said.
On way back to their camp, the search party apprehended another cadre, Sonau (40), who had a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, from Rajbeda village in the area, he said.
A muzzle loading gun was also recovered from his possession, he said.
Sonau, an active area committee member of Maoists, was involved in the attack on security forces in August this year in the region and was also wanted in cases of murder, attacks on security personnel and several others, he said.
In a separate combing operation, two rebels were held from Siksod police station area of Kanker district in Bastar by a joint group of district force and BSF today.
Those arrested were identified as Dururam (32) and Mangu Ram (52), carrying cash rewards of Rs 10,000 and Rs 5,000 respectively on their heads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state