Former BJP MP joins Congress
Raipur: Former BJP MP PR Khute on Thursday merged his Chhattisgarh Vikas Party (CVP) with opposition Congress, a senior party leader said.
"The CVP was merged with Congress today after the party high-command gave a green signal to the move, following which Khute, along with members of his outfit, joined Congress," state unit party president Nand Kumar Patel announced in a press conference here.
The former MP claimed that he shot down BJP`s overtures to invite him to the party fold.
"I was recently invited for dinner by Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh but refused to accept the offer. I could have never thought of joining the party which is neck deep in corruption," Khute alleged.
Meanwhile, former Congress MLA Manoj Mandavi, who had quit the party in 2008, today rejoined the party.
Welcoming Mandavi`s coming back and CVP merger, Patel said, "the induction of both the leaders will strengthen the party ahead of 2012 Assembly elections in the state".
Replying to a query on factionalism in Congress, Patel said "these issues will be sorted out soon".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues