Four Chhattisgarh cops suspended
Raipur: Three constables of Chhattisgarh Police were on Saturday suspended after they fired in the air allegedly under the influence of alcohol in Narayanpur district, a senior officer said.
"Constables Ramadhar, Hemlal and Dilip fired 30 rounds in the air from their service rifles in an inebriated condition when they were going to join duty at a helipad in the Naxal-affected district," Narayanpur SP Mayank Srivastava told PTI/Bhasha.
Assistant Police Sub-Inspector Naval Kodopi, who was accompanying the trio, was also placed under suspension, he said.
Srivastava said jawans are usually posted at the helipad situated near Police Lines. "Fortunately, no one was injured in the incident," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach