Four Chhattisgarh cops suspended
Raipur: Three constables of Chhattisgarh Police were on Saturday suspended after they fired in the air allegedly under the influence of alcohol in Narayanpur district, a senior officer said.
"Constables Ramadhar, Hemlal and Dilip fired 30 rounds in the air from their service rifles in an inebriated condition when they were going to join duty at a helipad in the Naxal-affected district," Narayanpur SP Mayank Srivastava told PTI/Bhasha.
Assistant Police Sub-Inspector Naval Kodopi, who was accompanying the trio, was also placed under suspension, he said.
Srivastava said jawans are usually posted at the helipad situated near Police Lines. "Fortunately, no one was injured in the incident," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt