Four CISF jawans killed in landmine blast in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: In fresh Naxal violence in
Chhattisgarh, four CISF jawans were killed in a landmine blast
on sunday when their jeep was blown up while four Maoists
including a woman were shot dead by police in separate
The blast triggered by the Naxals occurred when jawans of
the Central Industrial Force (CISF) were patrolling in
Dantewada district`s Bicheli area, Amresh Mishra, the
District`s Superintendent of Police, told a news agency.
When the CISF`s Bolero jeep reached depot number 10, the
Naxalites triggered the blast killing four and injuring two,
IG R K Vij said. The injured have been admitted to a local
hospital, he said.
The security-men were posted at the National Mining
Development Corporation in the area, he said.
Police in its campaign against Naxals gunned down two
ultras in Bijapur and Kanker district and recovered arms and
ammunition, senior police officials told the news agency.
Superintendent of Police, Bijapur district, Avinash
Mohanty said that Naxals opened fire on an anti-Naxal squad
comprising district police and special police officials when
it was patrolling Basguda police station limits early morning.
The police team killed three Naxals in retaliation and
their bodies were recovered from the spot along with a .12
bore rifle, 15 kg explosives and a motorcycle, he said.
Meanwhile, a woman Naxal was killed in another police
encounter took place at Anjrel village in Kanker district, its
Superintendent of Police Ajay Yadav said.
An anti-Naxal police team was patrolling early morning in
the jungles of Anjrel when Naxals opened fire at it. The
police fired back in retaliation killing a woman Naxal, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters