Four CISF jawans killed in landmine blast in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: In fresh Naxal violence in
Chhattisgarh, four CISF jawans were killed in a landmine blast
on sunday when their jeep was blown up while four Maoists
including a woman were shot dead by police in separate
The blast triggered by the Naxals occurred when jawans of
the Central Industrial Force (CISF) were patrolling in
Dantewada district`s Bicheli area, Amresh Mishra, the
District`s Superintendent of Police, told a news agency.
When the CISF`s Bolero jeep reached depot number 10, the
Naxalites triggered the blast killing four and injuring two,
IG R K Vij said. The injured have been admitted to a local
hospital, he said.
The security-men were posted at the National Mining
Development Corporation in the area, he said.
Police in its campaign against Naxals gunned down two
ultras in Bijapur and Kanker district and recovered arms and
ammunition, senior police officials told the news agency.
Superintendent of Police, Bijapur district, Avinash
Mohanty said that Naxals opened fire on an anti-Naxal squad
comprising district police and special police officials when
it was patrolling Basguda police station limits early morning.
The police team killed three Naxals in retaliation and
their bodies were recovered from the spot along with a .12
bore rifle, 15 kg explosives and a motorcycle, he said.
Meanwhile, a woman Naxal was killed in another police
encounter took place at Anjrel village in Kanker district, its
Superintendent of Police Ajay Yadav said.
An anti-Naxal police team was patrolling early morning in
the jungles of Anjrel when Naxals opened fire at it. The
police fired back in retaliation killing a woman Naxal, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug