Four killed, six injured in lightning strike in Chhattisgarh
Korba: Four persons, including a minor, were killed and six others injured when they were struck by lightning in Chhattisgarh`s Janjgir-Champa district, police said on Sunday.
The lightning struck the victims while they were standing under a tree to escape the downpour in Cheudih village under Pamgarh police station limits last night, Janjgir-Champa Additional Superintendent of Police Vijay Agrawal said.
The deceased were identified as Kesar Suryawanshi (22), Gopal Suryawanshi (16), Panna Soni (45) and Lakheshwar Shrivas (30), he said.
Last night, around 20-22 villagers had taken shelter under a tree to protect themselves from the heavy rainfall.
Suddenly, lightning struck at the place leading to death of four of them, he said.
Soon after the incident, a larger number of people gathered at the spot and rushed the injured to community health centre of Pamgarh, from where four critically injured were shifted to CIMS (Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Science) Bilaspur, the ASP said.
However, two of the injured were discharged after treatment, he said.
A case has been registered in this connection, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why