Four killed, six injured in lightning strike in Chhattisgarh
Korba: Four persons, including a minor, were killed and six others injured when they were struck by lightning in Chhattisgarh`s Janjgir-Champa district, police said on Sunday.
The lightning struck the victims while they were standing under a tree to escape the downpour in Cheudih village under Pamgarh police station limits last night, Janjgir-Champa Additional Superintendent of Police Vijay Agrawal said.
The deceased were identified as Kesar Suryawanshi (22), Gopal Suryawanshi (16), Panna Soni (45) and Lakheshwar Shrivas (30), he said.
Last night, around 20-22 villagers had taken shelter under a tree to protect themselves from the heavy rainfall.
Suddenly, lightning struck at the place leading to death of four of them, he said.
Soon after the incident, a larger number of people gathered at the spot and rushed the injured to community health centre of Pamgarh, from where four critically injured were shifted to CIMS (Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Science) Bilaspur, the ASP said.
However, two of the injured were discharged after treatment, he said.
A case has been registered in this connection, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state