Four killed, six injured in lightning strike in Chhattisgarh
Korba: Four persons, including a minor, were killed and six others injured when they were struck by lightning in Chhattisgarh`s Janjgir-Champa district, police said on Sunday.
The lightning struck the victims while they were standing under a tree to escape the downpour in Cheudih village under Pamgarh police station limits last night, Janjgir-Champa Additional Superintendent of Police Vijay Agrawal said.
The deceased were identified as Kesar Suryawanshi (22), Gopal Suryawanshi (16), Panna Soni (45) and Lakheshwar Shrivas (30), he said.
Last night, around 20-22 villagers had taken shelter under a tree to protect themselves from the heavy rainfall.
Suddenly, lightning struck at the place leading to death of four of them, he said.
Soon after the incident, a larger number of people gathered at the spot and rushed the injured to community health centre of Pamgarh, from where four critically injured were shifted to CIMS (Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Science) Bilaspur, the ASP said.
However, two of the injured were discharged after treatment, he said.
A case has been registered in this connection, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev