Four Maoists arrested in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district
Raipur: Four Maoists were arrested in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh on Wednesday, police said.
"Four Maoists were nabbed by a joint contingent of the district police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) from forests under the district`s Katekalyan police station limits," Additional Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kukreja told PTI.
"The arrested were identified as Motu Beko (22), Baman Beko (35), Deva Madvi (28) and Baman Madvi (40)," he said, adding that they all were involved in several crimes ranging from arson, explosion, murder and loot.
"They were also involved in torching four vehicles of a private company constructing Dantewada-Katekalyan road near Pandum village on January 5," he said.
Around 40 Maoists were involved in torching vehicles after which security forces launched a combing operation.
On getting a tip-off on January 11 about their presence near Beglur village, security forces rounded them up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends