Four Maoists arrested in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district
Raipur: Four Maoists were arrested in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh on Wednesday, police said.
"Four Maoists were nabbed by a joint contingent of the district police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) from forests under the district`s Katekalyan police station limits," Additional Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kukreja told PTI.
"The arrested were identified as Motu Beko (22), Baman Beko (35), Deva Madvi (28) and Baman Madvi (40)," he said, adding that they all were involved in several crimes ranging from arson, explosion, murder and loot.
"They were also involved in torching four vehicles of a private company constructing Dantewada-Katekalyan road near Pandum village on January 5," he said.
Around 40 Maoists were involved in torching vehicles after which security forces launched a combing operation.
On getting a tip-off on January 11 about their presence near Beglur village, security forces rounded them up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Don't derail ties with India with controversial statements on Kashmir, Pak daily urges Islamabad
- Congress member wants PM's response to Hafiz's war rants, chinese interference
- Shocking! Here priest slept with more than 100 girls and mothers allowed it – Know why
- 12 ultras surrender in Chhattisgarh, cite disappointment with Maoist ideology
- Flood situation grim in Arunachal Pradesh, NH-52 submerged at Namsai