Four Maoists arrested in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district
Raipur: Four Maoists were arrested in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh on Wednesday, police said.
"Four Maoists were nabbed by a joint contingent of the district police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) from forests under the district`s Katekalyan police station limits," Additional Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kukreja told PTI.
"The arrested were identified as Motu Beko (22), Baman Beko (35), Deva Madvi (28) and Baman Madvi (40)," he said, adding that they all were involved in several crimes ranging from arson, explosion, murder and loot.
"They were also involved in torching four vehicles of a private company constructing Dantewada-Katekalyan road near Pandum village on January 5," he said.
Around 40 Maoists were involved in torching vehicles after which security forces launched a combing operation.
On getting a tip-off on January 11 about their presence near Beglur village, security forces rounded them up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing