Four Maoists arrested in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district
Raipur: Four Maoists were arrested in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh on Wednesday, police said.
"Four Maoists were nabbed by a joint contingent of the district police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) from forests under the district`s Katekalyan police station limits," Additional Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kukreja told PTI.
"The arrested were identified as Motu Beko (22), Baman Beko (35), Deva Madvi (28) and Baman Madvi (40)," he said, adding that they all were involved in several crimes ranging from arson, explosion, murder and loot.
"They were also involved in torching four vehicles of a private company constructing Dantewada-Katekalyan road near Pandum village on January 5," he said.
Around 40 Maoists were involved in torching vehicles after which security forces launched a combing operation.
On getting a tip-off on January 11 about their presence near Beglur village, security forces rounded them up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'