Four Maoists arrested, two cadres surrender in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Maoists, including a `commander` rank cadre, were arrested while two other Maoists, carrying a reward on their heads surrendered in the insurgency-hit Bastar region of Chhattisgarh today, the police said.
A hardcore Maoist was apprehended while he was trying to flee into the forests under Bayanar police station limits of Kondagaon district, Additional Superintendent of Police Surjit Atri told PTI.
Since yesterday, a joint squad of the Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) and the district police force was on a combing mission in Bayanar, located around 300 km away from the state capital.
At Kejang Ghodapara village they spotted a suspect fleeing into the dense forests after which they chased and arrested him, the ASP of Kondagaon said.
The arrested Maoist was identified as `Raiju` alias Vinod (30), Jan Militia commander of the Kejang Janatana Sarkar group of the outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist), who?has been involved in several incidents including attacks on polling party, murder, attacks on security forces and others since 2003, Atri said.
A muzzle loading gun, pressure bomb, tiffin bomb, wire, couple of detonators, Maoist uniforms, literature, posters, banners and commodities of daily use were recovered from the area, he said.
Whereas, two Maoist cadres namely `Jaitram` alias Suraj Mandavi (30) and Kileram (35) surrendered to Kondagaon police in the district, the official said.
The surrendered Maoists were frustrated with the exploitation and atrocities by senior cadres on them as well as on the villagers, he said.
Maoist `local operations squad commander` Jaitram of the Sitanadi Area Committee and a member of Bayanar local operations squad Kileram carried rewards of Rs 10,000 and Rs 5,000 on their heads respectively, he said.
Allegedly, they were involved in several incidents of crime including blasts, damaging government properties, torching road construction vehicles and others, he said.
In a separate incident, three Maoists, one of them carrying a reward on his head, was held in Kanker district of North Bastar, Kanker Superintendent of Police R N Dash said.
Maoist cadres Bajruram Thanuram (30) and Pandu Darro (35) were held from restive forests of Badgaon police station limits while another Maoist Santosh Usendi was rounded up in the Lohattar forest region, he said. The arrested ultras are being interrogated, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Is there life after death?