Four Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Naxals, three of them carrying reward on their head, were arrested during separate search operations in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh on Friday, police said.
Two ultras, identified as ohar Singh Jade (27) and Ramesh Nareti (25) were nabbed from the forests of Kodogaon village in Kanker district by a joint contingent of Border Security Force (BSF) and district police, they said.
The duo, who were carrying a reward of Rs 2,000 each on their head, were involved in a number of crimes like loot, arson and murder.
In another search operation in Naraynpur district, two Maoists, Ramder (24) and Mishir (22), were apprehended from Basing forest area by a team of local police, police said.
Of them, Ramder was carrying a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, they added.
The tribal-dominated Bastar region, a hotbed of Maoist activities, consists of five districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- England vs Pakistan: 2nd Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days