Four Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Naxals, three of them carrying reward on their head, were arrested during separate search operations in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh on Friday, police said.
Two ultras, identified as ohar Singh Jade (27) and Ramesh Nareti (25) were nabbed from the forests of Kodogaon village in Kanker district by a joint contingent of Border Security Force (BSF) and district police, they said.
The duo, who were carrying a reward of Rs 2,000 each on their head, were involved in a number of crimes like loot, arson and murder.
In another search operation in Naraynpur district, two Maoists, Ramder (24) and Mishir (22), were apprehended from Basing forest area by a team of local police, police said.
Of them, Ramder was carrying a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, they added.
The tribal-dominated Bastar region, a hotbed of Maoist activities, consists of five districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore