Four Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Naxals, three of them carrying reward on their head, were arrested during separate search operations in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh on Friday, police said.
Two ultras, identified as ohar Singh Jade (27) and Ramesh Nareti (25) were nabbed from the forests of Kodogaon village in Kanker district by a joint contingent of Border Security Force (BSF) and district police, they said.
The duo, who were carrying a reward of Rs 2,000 each on their head, were involved in a number of crimes like loot, arson and murder.
In another search operation in Naraynpur district, two Maoists, Ramder (24) and Mishir (22), were apprehended from Basing forest area by a team of local police, police said.
Of them, Ramder was carrying a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, they added.
The tribal-dominated Bastar region, a hotbed of Maoist activities, consists of five districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan