Four Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Naxals, three of them carrying reward on their head, were arrested during separate search operations in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh on Friday, police said.
Two ultras, identified as ohar Singh Jade (27) and Ramesh Nareti (25) were nabbed from the forests of Kodogaon village in Kanker district by a joint contingent of Border Security Force (BSF) and district police, they said.
The duo, who were carrying a reward of Rs 2,000 each on their head, were involved in a number of crimes like loot, arson and murder.
In another search operation in Naraynpur district, two Maoists, Ramder (24) and Mishir (22), were apprehended from Basing forest area by a team of local police, police said.
Of them, Ramder was carrying a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, they added.
The tribal-dominated Bastar region, a hotbed of Maoist activities, consists of five districts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video