Four Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Naxals, three of them carrying reward on their head, were arrested during separate search operations in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh on Friday, police said.
Two ultras, identified as ohar Singh Jade (27) and Ramesh Nareti (25) were nabbed from the forests of Kodogaon village in Kanker district by a joint contingent of Border Security Force (BSF) and district police, they said.
The duo, who were carrying a reward of Rs 2,000 each on their head, were involved in a number of crimes like loot, arson and murder.
In another search operation in Naraynpur district, two Maoists, Ramder (24) and Mishir (22), were apprehended from Basing forest area by a team of local police, police said.
Of them, Ramder was carrying a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head, they added.
The tribal-dominated Bastar region, a hotbed of Maoist activities, consists of five districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured