Four naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four naxalites were arrested on Sunday during a search operation in Maoist-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The cadres were nabbed during a combing operation by personnel of the BSF (Border Security Force) and district force in the forests near Vala village under Koyalibeda police station limits, Kanker Additional Superintendent of Police CD Tandon said.
Based on specific information regarding presence of naxals, an operation was launched this morning in the restive Koyalibeda forests, located about 200 kms away from the state capital Raipur, he said.
On reaching near Vala village, security forces spotted some people fleeing into the jungles following which they rounded up them, he added.
Those arrested were identified as - Prem Singh Kudo (35), Siyaram Gawde (28), Jaising Nareti (26) and Anesh Usendi (21) who were allegedly active as sangham members of Maoist in north Bastar.
They were wanted in cases of loot, arson, attacks on police party, arms act and others, Tandon said.
The arrested are being interrogated, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you