Four Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Naxals including three women were on Wednesday arrested in connection with the attack on a polling booth in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district, police said.
They were nabbed from the forests of Gorna hills of the Naxal-affected region by a joint team of Special Task Force (STF) and district police force this evening.
During November 11 polls in the Bastar region, rebels had attacked Mankeli polling booth in Bijapur district. No one was injured in the attack.
After getting information about the movement of Naxals involved in the attack on Mankeli polling booth, security personnel were mobilised last evening.
Today, forces reached to the Gorna hills after cordoning off the entire region and rounded up four people.
Naxal literature, banners calling for boycott of polls, crackers, bow-arrow and Naxal fatigues were recovered.
Those arrested were identified as Kaadti Parmila, a member of Naxals` Military Company II; Odi Sunny, militia platoon member; Madkam Sunny, militia platoon member; and Sodhi Puska, a male cadre.
Chhattisgarh government has declared Rs 1 lakh reward on military company members.
Kadti Parmila was involved in murder, attempt to murder, loot, encounters and several other crimes in the region since 2007, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof