Four Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Naxals including three women were on Wednesday arrested in connection with the attack on a polling booth in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district, police said.
They were nabbed from the forests of Gorna hills of the Naxal-affected region by a joint team of Special Task Force (STF) and district police force this evening.
During November 11 polls in the Bastar region, rebels had attacked Mankeli polling booth in Bijapur district. No one was injured in the attack.
After getting information about the movement of Naxals involved in the attack on Mankeli polling booth, security personnel were mobilised last evening.
Today, forces reached to the Gorna hills after cordoning off the entire region and rounded up four people.
Naxal literature, banners calling for boycott of polls, crackers, bow-arrow and Naxal fatigues were recovered.
Those arrested were identified as Kaadti Parmila, a member of Naxals` Military Company II; Odi Sunny, militia platoon member; Madkam Sunny, militia platoon member; and Sodhi Puska, a male cadre.
Chhattisgarh government has declared Rs 1 lakh reward on military company members.
Kadti Parmila was involved in murder, attempt to murder, loot, encounters and several other crimes in the region since 2007, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor
- Sidharth Malhotra chills like a boss! See pic
- Gold price extends gains, up Rs 200 per 10 grams
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile