Four Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Four Naxals including three women were on Wednesday arrested in connection with the attack on a polling booth in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district, police said.
They were nabbed from the forests of Gorna hills of the Naxal-affected region by a joint team of Special Task Force (STF) and district police force this evening.
During November 11 polls in the Bastar region, rebels had attacked Mankeli polling booth in Bijapur district. No one was injured in the attack.
After getting information about the movement of Naxals involved in the attack on Mankeli polling booth, security personnel were mobilised last evening.
Today, forces reached to the Gorna hills after cordoning off the entire region and rounded up four people.
Naxal literature, banners calling for boycott of polls, crackers, bow-arrow and Naxal fatigues were recovered.
Those arrested were identified as Kaadti Parmila, a member of Naxals` Military Company II; Odi Sunny, militia platoon member; Madkam Sunny, militia platoon member; and Sodhi Puska, a male cadre.
Chhattisgarh government has declared Rs 1 lakh reward on military company members.
Kadti Parmila was involved in murder, attempt to murder, loot, encounters and several other crimes in the region since 2007, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past