Four Naxals get life imprisonment in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A court in Chhattisgarh has sentenced four Naxals to life imprisonment for murdering a suspected police informer.
Kanker district and sessions court yesterday awarded life sentences to Srinivas Tongla alias Rainu Mandabi, Lengu alias Madhu Markam, Shaniram Pudo and Dhanesh Bonga.
The four were convicted of murdering Kheluram Darro from Nedgaon village on October 3, 2009. They suspected him to be a police informer.
While Pudo and Bonga were arrested four days later, Srinivas was nabbed on January 28, 2010, and Madhu on March 11, 2010.
Kanker deputy superintendent of police M Z Beg said Srinivas, hailing from Adilabad district of Andhra Pradesh, was an active member of Mainpur division Naxal group and was the secretary of the `city area committee`. He has 11 other cases pending against him.
Madhu also has several cases pending against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'