Four naxals held in Chhattisgarh: Police
Raipur: Four suspected naxals were arrested during a joint search operation in Maoist-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Monday.
"The cadres were nabbed from the forests of Basaguda police station area by the joint contingent of district force and CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force)," a senior police official told PTI.
Those arrested were identified as -Nupu Bojja (20), Kunjam Dewa (30), Madvi Budhlal (25) and Dhodi Lakhmu (35), members of Jan militia group, the official said, adding that two knives and naxal literature were recovered from their possession.
During a combing operation in Pisewada, Polampalli and Pusbaka villages, the patrol party rounded up the four on suspicion, the official said.
During interrogation, they allegedly admitted to their involvement in the naxal movement.
They were wanted in several criminal cases including attempt to murder and stocking explosives in the region, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read